Re-creating loved items into a Re-purposed life...

I love old stuff! Rescuing something off the curb that was on it's way to spending eternity in a landfill and giving it a Re-birth into something for your eye to behold! Well, hopefully!!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Finding a creative streak.... and not a brown one!

Lack of pictures doesn't mean I haven't been busy.  I was just caught up in crafting that I forgot to get the camera out.  Also disappointed that the dog broke my favorite camera lens.  She's up for adoption.  No takers yet.  ;)

 PAPER FLOWERS

Paper flowers were great!!  Fun!!  Glad I have that machine to cut the paper, with out it, I would have made 1 flower and called it quits.  I made almost 2 dozen.  Love them.   Will do them again.
Google Tim Holtz and Grunge Flower, you will see so many different tutorials.  I think I watched at least 5, and all did basically the same thing, minor technique differences, but over all fun.

 PAPER WREATH

Tore apart an old book, circa 1932.  Loved ripping it apart a page at a time.  Made a rolled paper wreath from the pages, using one of the graphic pages for the center.  Adorned with a few rhinestones and glitter,
it makes a bit of a spooky decoration that I am hoping to sell cheap and fast at my favorite local haunt!
I want to make a few more, using a glue gun for speed, and maybe come up with a better base and form.

RE-PURPOSED T-SHIRTS

I have the sewing machine out today, using a few old t-shirts and some cute baby elastic whipped out a few skirts for the Princess!  Dye is on the next shopping list.  Looking forward to digging into my buttons, scrap ribbons and stamps to add some spunk for the Peanut!  When the next round goes down, pictures of the process to follow!

NAKED SOFA

Pillows!  My sofa was naked.  In need of pillows!!  Purchased one that everyone loves!  Made 3 today that I am happy with.  Sofa feels a little warmer now.  Now let's see what else I can clean up and get into!! 

BAKING...
Tequila Lime Pound Cake... YUM! 
Recipe to come.  Easy!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment